Where and Who is TEFL International Cambodia?
TEFL international Cambodia is in the beautiful town Siem Reap.
TEFL International Cambodia is in the perfect place in the Provincial capital city, Siem Reap.
Known for its ruins, temples, and quite notably as the filming location of Tomb Raider, Siem Reap is an exotic South East Asian destination that is sure to leave a mark on every traveler’s heart. Although it is a major tourist attraction, the temples of Angkor are ones you cannot miss. The moment you step into the ruins, you will instantly feel as if you’ve traveled back in time!
Siem Reap has become of the most sought-after tourist destinations in all of Asia. That said, multiple establishments, resorts, and restaurants have opened up to accommodate all these travelers! Another tourist hotspot you can’t miss is Pub Street, a whole area dedicated to pubs, market, and insanely good food!
Please make Siem Reap your first stop on your teaching journey through Cambodia and S.E. Asia. Siem Reap won’t disappoint you.
Our Senior Trainer and Managing Director
Nico Millen started the TEFL International branch in 2013 in Thailand. He moved from South Africa to Thailand with his family in 2012. Nico decided to open his own TEFL training school. This was due to finding the TEFL course he did through a company as inadequate and unprofessional. It certainly did not prepare the trainee teachers for the real classroom situation.
As a result of this, Nico enrolled at Thongsook College in Bangkok. Here he finished the BA TESOL Degree with Honours in 2016. He is also the holder the following:
- Diploma in Methodology Overview (Thongsook College, 2015)
- a Diploma in Language Acquisition (Thongsook College, 2014),
- Diploma in Teaching Skills for Educators (Allison, 2014),
- a Diploma in Teacher Training (TEFL International, 2014),
- Diploma in Language: Morphology and Syntax (Thongsook College, 2013),
- Diploma in Communication Operations (SA Military Intelligence College, 1985),
- Certificate in Teaching English to Young Learners (Thongsook College, 2015)
- Certificate in Teaching Business English (TEFL International, 2014),
- a Certificate in Teaching English to Young Learners (TEFL International, 2014),
- Certificate in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (Thongsook College, 2013),
- Certificate in Teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL)(ITI, 2012)
Most noteworthy is that he has been a trainer since 1980 and taught children and adults of all ages. His English teaching experience includes lecturing at one of the leading Thai Colleges, Chetupon Commercial College. He also taught young learners at a Temple school.
In 2015 Nico decided to move to Cambodia and TEFL International Cambodia is now in its perfect place in Siem Reap.
In Cambodia Nico opened a school, Koh Kong World Academy, with Khmer partners. He was the Principal of the school for 6 years before moving to Siem Reap. The school served as a real classroom with real learners of English to the trainee teachers.
In Siem Reap we have a working relationship with Amazing Volunteer Adventures, opening up classrooms all over Siem Reap. Thus, the new teachers get the real hands on experience needed. Experience that gives them a lot of teaching confidence.
In conclusion, Nico believes in the conversational teaching method, and has some great ideas to share with the TEFL/TESOL trainees. Most of all he wants trainees to have fun. He will make sure you gain the necessary confidence needed to become a teacher that knows what to do.