Where and Who is TEFL International Cambodia?
TEFL international Cambodia is in the beautiful town Koh Kong.
TEFL International Cambodia is in the perfect place in the Provincial capital city, Koh Kong. Koh Kong city has its place in the West of the province and is 10 km from the Thailand border. Large forested areas and an estuary, surround Koh Kong.
The Province, also called Koh Kong is the most South – Western Province of Cambodia. It is one of the biggest provinces in Cambodia. The name “Krong” Koh Kong means “Island Province”. Hence bridges complete the connection between the town and the mainland.
Koh Kong has a long undeveloped coastline and a mountainous, forested and largely inaccessible interior. This is due to the Cardamom Mountains, the biggest coherent rainforest of South – East Asia. Most significant tourist attractions include abundant wildlife, long sandy beaches and big waterfalls.
Koh Kong seems like a generally quiet town. However, there are many reasons to stay here for more than a few nights. Mainly because of the nearby islands, estuary, rivers, tours into nature and the buzzing night life. The people of Koh Kong speak mainly Khmer, and most speak some Thai as well. Your stay here will be economical as food is relatively cheap here.
Please make Koh Kong your first stop on your teaching journey through Cambodia and S.E. Asia. Koh Kong won’t disappoint you.
Our Senior Trainer and Managing Director
Nico Millen started the TEFL International branch in 2013 in Thailand. He moved from South Africa to Thailand with his family in 2012. Nico decided to open his own TEFL training school. This was due to finding the TEFL course he did through a company as inadequate and unprofessional. It certainly did not prepare the trainee teachers for the real classroom situation.
As a result of this, Nico enrolled at Thongsook College in Bangkok. Here he finished the BA TESOL Degree with Honours in 2016. He is also the holder the following:
- Diploma in Methodology Overview (Thongsook College, 2015)
- a Diploma in Language Acquisition (Thongsook College, 2014),
- Diploma in Teaching Skills for Educators (Allison, 2014),
- a Diploma in Teacher Training (TEFL International, 2014),
- Diploma in Language: Morphology and Syntax (Thongsook College, 2013),
- Diploma in Communication Operations (SA Military Intelligence College, 1985),
- Certificate in Teaching English to Young Learners (Thongsook College, 2015)
- Certificate in Teaching Business English (TEFL International, 2014),
- a Certificate in Teaching English to Young Learners (TEFL International, 2014),
- Certificate in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (Thongsook College, 2013),
- Certificate in Teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL)(ITI, 2012)
Most noteworthy is that he has been a trainer since 1980 and taught children and adults of all ages. His English teaching experience includes lecturing at one of the leading Thai Colleges, Chetupon Commercial College. He also taught young learners at a Temple school.
He decided to move TEFL International Cambodia to its current perfect place in Koh Kong, Cambodia in 2015.
Especially of importance to trainee teachers coming to Koh Kong; In Cambodia Nico opened a school, Koh Kong World Academy, with Khmer partners. As a result the school serves as a real classroom with real learners of English to the trainee teachers. Thus, the new teachers get the real hands on experience needed. Experience that gives them a lot of teaching confidence.
In conclusion, Nico believes in the conversational teaching method, and has some great ideas to share with the TEFL/TESOL trainees. Most of all he wants trainees to have fun. He will make sure you gain the necessary confidence needed to become a teacher that knows what to do.