Why do foreign teachers like to teach English in Cambodia?
Most foreigners choose to teach English in Cambodia because the requirements to teach are quite low.
Furthermore getting a job to teach English in Cambodia without a degree is not difficult for most teachers. Although a bachelor’s degree can help you get a job to teach English you do not need a degree. But, most of all you do not need a specific teaching degree. Teachers that did the TEFL International course in Koh Kong and now Siem Reap, Cambodia, got work in their first week after the course.
Having a TEFL International Cambodia, TESOL Certificate is to your advantage. Because it will increase your chances of getting a higher-paying job at a better school. However, to teach English at one of the real International schools in town, you will need a proper teaching degree.
Cambodia is a popular destination for TEFL/TESOL teachers who wants to gain valuable cultural experience. The country has a rich diversity of cultures and traditions. Cambodia also prides itself on a deep history, a tropical climate, and a renowned hospitality.
However, it is much more than just a place with enchanting temples, beautiful islands and beaches, friendly people, great climate and cheap shopping. Cambodia is an incredible destination. This is due to its great palaces, temples, markets, spas, fine dining and some of the best hotels in the world.
There are amazing Benefits to Teach English In Cambodia…….
- No degree required.
- Discover what Thailand was like 25 years ago. (Therefore, No visa runs and 90 day reporting like in Thailand.)
- Very friendly and rather welcoming people.
- Huge demand for English teachers!
- Very low-cost of living ($0.75 for a beer. From $150 per month for housing).
- Ease of travel to and from Thailand and Vietnam.
- Ordinary Visa – bought on arrival and easily extended in the country.
- Discover Angkor Wat, the world’s largest religious monument.
- Enjoy an authentic cultural experience.
- Year round warm weather.
- Enthusiastic and eager to learn children.
- Pristine, palm-fringed beaches in Sihanoukville waiting for you.
- Experience the vibrant and charming capital city of Phnom Penh.
- Easy, laid-back and relaxed. So what are you waiting for?
Job prospects throughout Cambodia and Asia are very good and easily available for citizens from most countries.